Pages

Purple rain, purrrrrrrple rain

Friday, July 22

Its official!!!

I have given up on experiencing 1 straight week of sunshine in London. It's summer, and it rains everyday ( well maybe not, but still....). So, sky dearest, if you insist on spoiling my "summer" with your agents, grant me one wish will you?

Next time you send rain down, I want some

Purple rain, purple rain
purple rain, purple rain
purple rain, purple rain

I decided to make a purple something yesterday because I had the Purple rain song on my mind ( does anyone else think Prince is a genius?). So here we are



My poor knickers looked quite lonely, so I decided to give it some company....


This has been lovingly stored away, it shall only see the light of day in sunny mallorca.

The camisole was a bit of a challenge for me. Though in the end, I had to smack my head because I had the solution infront of me all the time, but I had foolishly taken the hard way. The lace I used was 20cms wide, so I just measured my under bust, and cut two pieces of half that measurement. I did not add any seam allowance because it stretches so I figured I could get away with sewing without seam allowance.

For the triangles that protect my modesty (ahem), I tried to draft a pattern for them. About 1hr later, I was still fiddling around with my paper and pencil. Am I really that thick? I was not satisfied with any of the triangles I made. Finally, I traced the top part of a camisole I had at home, and that became my pattern.

Lesson learned: Never complicate matters when you can have easy alternatives.

Next up, swimsuit making. Wish me luck please!!

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

  1. You don't need luck .... um sure will be great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously inspiring me with the undies - they look SO good. I am brewing a session myself & your sources in the previous post will be very useful. I've the "Sweet Nothings " book as well which has allsorts of undies with patterns, but have not yet breached it ... next month perhaps. Good luck with the swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They look fantastic! I gave undie-making a go recently too, but I just used some cotton/lycra fabric so while your undies look like actual grown-up undies, mine somehow look like little kid undies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh la la! These look fabulous, so chic and pretty. Good luck with the swimsuit - could be tricky but I have no doubt that you will come up with something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so pretty, and I love the colour. Loving the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made lingerie but oh how you inspire! :) They look fabulous and comfortable.

    BTW where did you get your personal labels from? I would love to get some for myself.

    ReplyDelete