Pages

Little Updates

Monday, October 8

Saturday has come and gone, and you are hearing from me. That only means I did not damage my wool crepe fabric, and I am still alive and well.

I did not make the dress. I decided instead to put it on hold till I get the fit well and truly perfect. I am going to enlist the help of my mom, who will be coming to the UK on Tuesday from Cameroon.

I also started a new blog.

For those of you who have not met me, or have met me and not noticed (very unlikely), I stammer( stutter, if you are American). My stammer has been such a big part of my life. Many highs and lows. Mostly lows. From growing up in Cameroon, where the condition is not really understood, and people openly laugh at you, and make fun of you, and insult you, to living and finding work in the UK where people do not consider it a disability because it is not a visibly physical, and thinking you are just plain dumb during interviews.

My new blog is called The Covert Stammerer, and it will be about my stammer. I don't want to wax lyrical about my stammer here, so if you think it is something you might want to know more about, please do drop by, and say hello.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you were able to hold off on making the dress until you've really mastered the fit.

    I'm hopping over to your new blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wait your mom and let's make some knits. Trip to market soon? Text me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confirm: we're ignorant like that. Making fun of people because they stutter, because they're left-handed or dark-skinned. I'd have expected more tolerance in the UK, though. Anyway, good for you for talking about this. Enjoy your mom, mine just left :) Can't wait to see the dress then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will definately be worth getting the fit right on your dress. Take it from someone with a lot of fitting issues! Good luck with it, and have a great time with your mum! :)

    ReplyDelete